Cities from the Sea City-port System and the Waterfront as Common
Call for Application
16 - 21 April 2018 | Naples | Italy
The 4th international workshop “City from the sea” proposes a collaborative interdisciplinary experience in which the urban planning meets the community psychology together with other competences as architecture, history, economics, etc. The challenge of this edition is the city-port system and the waterfront as common goods.
The workshop is open to participants from different disciplines as architects, planners, psychologist, etc. who are concerned with the study of sea, city and community. Participants will be invited to collaborate with civil society, associations, international speakers, politicians, businessmen.
The goal is to propose a new shared scenarios for the integrated and sustainable re-development of three important areas of the Naples city coast, thus involving both sea and territories through collaboration with communities and stakeholders.
During 6 days, participants will attend to on site field work and to lectures by international keynote speakers. Three group coordinated by tutors (architects and community psychology) will work daily receiving suggestions from the referees (decision makers, stakeholders, scholars, practitioners).
- Collaborative planning for urban regeneration
- Community psychology for urban regeneration
- Historic evolution of cultural coastal landscape
- Innovation and development in port cities and regions
Field work areas
- Development of the port of Naples at East and the Economic Special Zone
- Regeneration of the San Vincenzo Pier, Molosiglio and Acton docks
- Preservation and re-qualification of Marechiaro village and coast
Within the “Naples Shipping Week” (24-29 September 2018) an exhibition will take place with all the projects elaborated during the workshop.
Massimo Clemente (Chair), Caterina Arcidiacono, Rinio Bruttomesso, Alessandro Castagnaro, Maria Cerreta, Eleonora Giovene di Girasole, Carola Hein, Umberto Masucci, Alfonso Morvillo, Alessandro Panaro, Fortuna Procentese, Riccardo Realfonzo, Pietro Spirito
- CNR IRISS
- University of Naples Federico II, Community Psychology Lab
Via Cardinale Guglielmo Sanfelice, 8 – Napoli
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Call for 30 participants
Who wants to participate to the working groups (Young practitioners and MS students)
Call for 6 tutors
Who wants to lead the working groups (Practitioners with 3 or more years of experience or PhD)
- Deadline: 9 March 2018
- Motivational letter and short profile, email to email@example.com
- Fee: 100 Euros