Invitation to free EFPA Webinars Covid-19 Times - (DEADLINE APRIL, 28)
At EFPA, we are committed to playing our part in ensuring the innovations and expertise of psychologists from our 38 member countries is shared among all psychologists in Europe during this coronavirus crisis, in order to benefit the citizens of Europe. EFPA offers you a set of free webinars the first of which are dedicated to the three topical issues that modernized psychological service and made our work more accessible to people in need.The webinars will be delivered by EFPA expert representatives from our member associations. There will be time allocated for Q&A. The webinars will be delivered in English. Videorecordings with subtitles in several European languages will be available on EFPA’s website after delivery. The number of participants is limited to 1000 participants per event.
Intended participants should register using the link provided for their preferred webinar _BEFORE APRIL 28, 2020_ and later (by April 29, 2020) will receive a link to access the webinar on the date and time of the event. It is possible to register for several events.
1. HOW TO SET-UP A PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING HELPLINE IN THE COVID-19 CONTEXT?
TERESA ESPASSANDIM, MEMBER OF THE NATIONAL DIRECTORATE, ORDER OF PORTUGUESE PSYCHOLOGISTS Wednesday, 29 April 2020, 10:00-11:00 (CET – Brussels time)
This webinar will focus on:
* Contextualization of the pandemic situation and the need for responses ocused on emotional support and promoting psychological resilience; Articulation with national health authorities and other partners;
* Psychological intervention in crisis situations;
* Technical requirements and training of Psychologists;
* Psychological intervention protocol design and conception;
* Technical and scientific supervision
Register here: WEBINAR 1 SET UP A PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING HELPLINE  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDLK93N
2. ONLINE CONSULTATIONS, WHAT TO KNOW AND WHERE TO START?
ANGELO COMPARE, LISE HADDOUK, MARIA KAREKLA, TOM VAN DAELE – EFPA PROJECT GROUP ON E-HEALTH Wednesday, 29 April 2020, 13:00 – 14:00 (CET – Brussels time)
The COVID-19 pandemic crisis forces psychologists to take their consultations (partly) online, in order to continue to provide care. If you would like to know more about online treatment and the possibilities of online consultations, the Project Group on eHealth of the European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations organizes this free webinar.
During this 1-hour webinar you will receive a brief introduction on:
* The known effectiveness of online consultations. The benefits and pitfalls of online therapy.
* How and what you need to get started with online therapy.
* How to communicate online with your patients, plus concrete tips and tricks
In addition, there will be room to ask questions during a Q&A.
Register here: _WEBINAR 2 START ONLINE CONSULTATION _ https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SD5QC8V
3. COVID-19 AND IMPLICATIONS FOR MENTAL HEALTH KOEN LOWET, EFPA EC MEMBER Thursday, 30 April 2020, 11:00-12:00 (CET – Brussels time)
In this webinar we’re going to talk about the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health status of our citizens and the implications for our mental health system. The webinar will be based on the experiences that we’ve gathered so far from the Belgian situation and input we’ve received from our European and international colleagues. We’ll try to address the progressive implications following the timeline of the Pandemic for the different groups in our society such as the mental health patients, general public, families, caregivers, management and specific risk groups such as our elderly. This webinar is all about sharing experiences and knowledge accumulated so far and will also give time for Q&A.
Register here: _WEBINAR 3 COVID-19 AND MENTAL HEALTH _ https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SYHRNRW
In case you have any questions regarding these webinars, or you’d like to suggest a topic or speaker for a future webinar, please contact ANNA LEYBINA: email@example.com or Julie Van den Borre (Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org)
The EFPA Team